Wednesday, June 13, 2012

So much for June 11th.....

As we are now 2 days past my due date it is safe to say we have a stubborn baby girl who is way to cozy! I however am not so cozy! Maybe it is me being anxious knowing that we could have her at anytime and we are beyond ready to meet her or maybe it is the lack of sleep I get these days with this large stomach but it seems I have finally hit that stage were I am miserable and ready to not be pregnant anymore!


Today I went to the Dr. before the Dr. walked into my room I heard her say to the nurse outside the door "she was 3 cm last week and still pregnant this week!" of course when she walked in she was like we never thought you would go past 40 weeks and laughed. I think this baby is going to fall out before I go into labor, lol! I was still 3 cm and she did a membrane strip to hopefully help start labor! KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED! Otherwise if nothing happens between now and Monday I will go back for another appointment. On Monday, they will do an ultra sound to see how the fluid is and a stress test for the baby. As of Monday I will be 41 weeks and I can schedule an induction. You are not able to actually schedule the induction until you are 41 weeks. The Dr. thought if I scheduled it Monday they would probably be able to get me in by Wednesday. I can't imagine another week but at least it is nice know that in a week we will definitely have our baby :)


Tomorrow, Mom and Krystie fly in. Though they are both about as anxious as Derek and I to have this baby so they get more time with her I am very thankful to have them here for a nice distraction. We will keep everyone posted if anything changes and hopefully that is sooner than later :)

No comments: