Sunday, February 12, 2012

We are going to give this blog a try again....

So we tried to start the blog 2 years ago but then dropped the ball and didn't keep up with it. However, with all the excitment with the baby coming in a few months we think this will be the best way to share what is going on!!


I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and feeling great. Though I am struggling to fit into most of my clothes I am trying to continue to eat healthy and excercise. I am trying to walk at the gym 4 days a week and signed up for prenantal yoga. I haven't had any major cravings other than more of a sweet tooth than normal! Derek and I have been making a few more stops to the frozen yogurt shop and Wendy's for frostys!!Derek hasn't seemed to mind to much:)


We are moving along on the nursery!! Derek has been working REALLY hard to help get it ready. He got the room painted and the crib and dresser set up. We ordered an upholstered glider and ottoman this weekend that I am SO excited for. However, they said it can take up to 8-10 weeks for delivery:( Luckily we have plenty of time so I guess we will just have to wait anxiously. This was our hardest item to find as they can be pricey but when Derek and I both sat in this one we fell in love! Now I am just working on the decor (getting the curtains, wall decor, etc!) Our colors are shades of pink, white and green.


This weekend we also ventured out to begin the registry process. This was a very different expereince from when we registered for the wedding. There was no need to read consumer reports during that. After weeks or reading reviews, talking to friends and family we came to decisions about all the big items. However, it seems for every item there are a million chioces and reviews! Safe to say by the end of registering Derek and I looked like we had been through a war. We are lucky to have lots of people to go to for good advice!


We are making a promise to post updates more often. As many of you have been asking for belly pictures and nursery pictures. Derek and I aren't big on putting lots on facebook this will by far be the easiest way to share these updates:) Natalia is much better at blogging and I am sure she will make sure we keep up with it this time, lol! Here are a few, the nursey still has a long way but will give you an idea and show you the start. Also a picture of the chair we ordered, we ordered a beige and the picture is brown.















No comments: