Sunday, February 26, 2012

25 Weeks......

Last Sunday was a very exciting day for Derek. After 3 years of saving and 17 gift gards later, Derek finally made the big purchase of the Nikon 5100 camera he has wanted. He is loving using the camera and practicing all the fun things he can do. Somedays I feel like I am a celebrity as out of nowhere I can turn and there is a camera taking pictures of Bo and I!! I am so happy he finally got it and is amazing the quality of pictures it takes. It will be so nice to have this June once the baby is here. Thank you to everyone who helped with gift cards of the past few years, you helped Derek get the perfect gift!


This past Friday we had a 3D/4D ultrasound. After having to drink a gallon of water everyday for 5 days before the ultrasound the morning of I drank a soda(soda has never tasted so good, lol) We had read that it helps make sure the baby is moving lots and active for your ultrasound. Needless to say when we first go there she was moving like crazy and it was clear she got a taste of that sugar, ha! For most of the ultra sound (about 40 mins) she either was sucking on her hands or had them right by her mouth or face. Derek and I loved it and it was so amzing to see her, I wish we had one at home and we could just watch her all the time. We even could see when she was yawning. The only problem we had is the way she was postioned in my stomach was her face was right next to the placenta. Therefore, we could see her well but in many of the pictures there would be a blurry object near her face making it not the best picture. The package inlcludes several photos and a dvd. At the end the lady said well I will just bring you guys back for free in a few weeks since we cant get her to move away from the placenta for a clear picture. Derek and I just looked at each other shocked but so happy. We had been very happy with the ultrasound and weren't going to complain but who isn't going to take the offer of another free one in a couple of weeks. The only downfall is she only printed us one picture since we would be coming back. She did give us the dvd but it a movie, so Derek is trying hard to find a way to upload that to the blog to let everyone watch. In the meantime I added the one photo we have and on march 16th we go back for more!


Today I am 25 weeks, can't believe this week is already March. It seems June will be here before we know it! This week I offically am not able to wear any of my normal jeans and had to completely switch to maternity jeans. I had been able to wear them with a belly band up until now, but now event hat doesn't work. I am feeling the baby move all often and love that feeling. She isn't kicking ard enough for Derek to feel yet but the doctor said after week 26 is usually when he will be able to. He is very jealous and ready to feel her as well. Bo on the other hand we don't think is to excited about this. Whenever Derek talks to my belly Bo starts barking and crying. I think June is going to be a little rough on this spoiled dog. I don't think he is ready to share his parents at all! Here are a few pictures. The bottom one is one of Derek's favorite tricks with his new camera, enjoy :)





No comments: