Sunday, April 14, 2013

Busy, Busy..

April is definitely a busy month for us with a lot of fun things going on. This weekend Kimberly and I hosted a bridal shower for Ashley. The shower went great and was beautiful weather. Ashley's wedding is this coming weekend.  Good friends weddings are always fun but when someone has been a friend since the day you were born and is like family, it is even more exciting. This week I have 11 famiy members coming into town for their wedding and we are SO excited. Derek said the excitement of this week reminds him of our wedding, haha!

Today Madelyn went out on her first boat ride on Lake Wiley.  Madelyn absolutely loved it. We included some photos and video of the trip. I think Madelyn will be wanting many more trips out on the lake.

This past week Madelyn has been trying to stand on her own a lot. She will hold on to stand up and the slowly let go to stand and try and balance. She also started walking while using a toy she can push and help her. We are thinking walking is coming soon. As of right now the words she can say are; Mama, Dada, Bo, and car. Most of her day she is yelling Bo. However, any dog is now called Bo, lol! I guess we need to start working on dog!

Here are a few pictures from the past week (sorry for the short post, with family coming you now that means lots of cleaning so I need to make the most of my time while Madelyn is sleeping, haha)
Helping Dad with the yard work 

9 Months 3/18/13

Dad decide to let me have fun and feed myself
Beautiful bride to-be at the shower


Madelyn playing with Lily & Gracie at the shower (hard to believe they were Maddie's age when I watched them)

Hanging out with Kimberly 








Madelyn got Derek's phone with Pandora playing and apparently is ready to trade in the baby phone for an iPhone! LOL






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny that Derek is just as excited for this wedding as yours because I was talking to Lauren yesterday and I was saying this reminds me of getting ready for Rachel's wedding!! Crazy! Only a few more days.... OR 72 HOURS!!! Tell lil Mads to get excited!!

Side note: I obviously watch these videos at work and I have to turn the volume up to hear whats going on.... but your voice is right next to the camera so I had to scramble to turn the volume down again!!

Loved the update!
-Krystie

Anonymous said...

ALSO!! WHAT THE HECK HAVE GRACIE AND LILY BEEN EATING?!??! I hardly recognize them! They are so grown up!!!

Anonymous said...

ahhh so cute! She is just growing up way to fast! End of story!! I cannot even believe she is about to walk! 4 more days till I get to snuggle again! Love you guys!!

~Elly