Friday, August 17, 2012

All smiles:)

Tomorrow Maddie will be 2 months old. These have been the fastest two months ever. However, then to think back to her being born already almost seems like a blur that was forever ago. She has started to have such a personality. She loves to smile and now recognizes Derek's and my voice. We love smiling and talking to her and getting her big smile back. She is such a happy baby who loves to smile! She has learned a new trick in the past day. She has figured out if we lay her on her blanket and walk away or into the other room from her she will begin to fake cry. Then when we walk back over to her she smiles. It is like she is saying "ha it worked they came back" Of course this was perfect timing for her trick as her Dad is out of town this weekend on a bachelor party trip so I of course will be at Maddies beck and call, haha!

Last week my good friend Kara came to stay with us for 5 days. We loved having her here and she got a lot of time with Maddie As always I loved having the company and extra hands here. We have had a lot of visitors but Kara was our last one for awhile. It was strange to not have to rush and get the guest room ready for our next visitor. However, it will be nice for us to have some time as a family before I go back to work.

We found out this week that Derek's Y is definitely starting the staff daycare. They are working on getting all the licensing completed. We are so happy that Maddie will just be down the hall from Derek,s office. Though this will make the transition a little easier on me, I am so jealous Derek will get to go visit her whenever he wants. I have informed him we will be meeting for lunch often!
Maddie's new favorite spot to relax and nap!
Maddie with Kara, in her new cute outfit Kara bought her:)
First time trying out her bumbo seat!
Smiles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww I love all her new clothes!!! She is just so precious and I wish Thanksgiving was coming sooner!!! I love the blanket background! =) Love you guys!!
~Elly